Monday, December 6, 2010

I will be 23 in less than a month and I still don't know what I want to do with my life

I start work sometime next week, and in the meantime I need to figure out what to do from there. I've decided not to pursue a graduate program at Purdue University Calumet since their graduate program for English majors centers around just teaching. Lame. I regret not saying "f*ck it" and applying to art school 5 years ago, knowing that while I would be up to my eyeballs in debt, at least I'd be working towards something I actually cared about. So that's one of the reasons I still try to keep drawing and painting; I'm aware that I have some talent, at least, in that area, and I believe it could serve some kind of purpose later on in my life. I think I should work harder in my drawing to improve, and maybe I can construct a modest portfolio and do something with that. I don't want to be just good enough to do greeting cards; I want to be good enough to illustrate children's books, or draw a comic (if I have the patience), or design characters and environments for shows and films. Do storyboards and that kind of thing.



I just feel so lost, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment